YOUR FIRST STEP IN BECOMING A PRIVATE PILOT
Your Private Pilot License (PPL) allows you to fly a single-engine plane day or night, in good weather, for pleasure and personal purposes. You can carry passengers, and fly anywhere in the U.S. below 18,000 feet. The license itself never expires.
Investing in a license will grant you access to an amazing experience that few people will ever have. The cost is about the same as a new boat or motorcycle, but the sense of achievement is priceless.
- 17+ years old
- FAA Student Pilot License
- FAA Medical Certificate
- Speak and understand English
- Fly a minimum of 40 hours of flight time
- Receive and log ground instruction with an authorized instructor
- Pass the FAA written knowledge test
- Pass the Practical Test - often called "check ride"
- Fly anywhere, except in clouds, in the US below 18,000 feet
- Rent a single-engine airplane
TAKE THE FIRST STEP AND become a PRIVATE pilot
PRIVATE PILOT LICENSE FAQs
Scottsdale Airport (KSDL)
Sawyer Flight Academy
14600 North Airport Drive
2nd Floor, Suite 203
Scottsdale, AZ 85260
Sawyer Flight Academy Office Hours
Flight Training Department, Suite 203
+1 480 922 2723