GAIN IN-FLIGHT CONFIDENCE WITH AN INSTRUMENT RATING
Instrument Rating training will make you a more proficient, competent, and confident pilot. It prepares you for extreme circumstances and develops your ability to fly in low visibility weather. With an Instrument Rating you can fly into clouds, haze, fog and other IFR conditions. You also get the safety and peace of mind of constant tracking and communication with Air Traffic Control.
An Instrument Rating may be earned in as little as 45 days through our intensive flight training and online course.
- 17+ years old
- FAA Private Pilot License
- FAA Medical Certificate
- Speak and understand English
- Fly a minimum of 40 IFR hours
- Fly a minimum of 50 cross-country pilot-in-command hours
- Pass the FAA written knowledge test
- Pass the Practical Test - often called "check ride"
- Fly in known IFR conditions
- Rent a single-engine airplane
- Receive priority when landing on an IFR flight plan
GROW YOUR PILOT SKILLS FOR EXTREME CONDITIONS
INSTRUMENT RATING FAQs
Scottsdale Airport (KSDL)
Sawyer Flight Academy
14600 North Airport Drive
Scottsdale, AZ 85260
Sawyer Flight Academy Office Hours
Flight Training Department, Suite 203
+1 480 922 2723