Commercial Pilot License
FLY FOR PROFIT WITH A COMMERCIAL LICENSE
With the completion of your Commercial Pilot License, you will be allowed to fly day or night, carry people and cargo. It also allows you to get paid for certain types of operations, including local scenic flights, banner towing, crop dusting, aerial survey and photography, and other operations. Training for your Commercial License will make you a more refined pilot. It prepares you for the rigors of commercial aviation, honing the skills that you have developed throughout your training.
A Commercial License may be earned in as little as 30 days when you utilize our FAA approved Advanced Aviation Training Device (AATD) to reduce the time needed in the air and accelerate your licensing process.
- 18+ years old
- FAA Private Pilot License
- FAA Medical Certificate
- Speak and understand English
- 250+ hours of flight time
- Receive and log ground instruction with an authorized instructor
- Pass the FAA written knowledge test
- Pass the Practical Test - often called "check ride"
- Ability to be paid for your piloting services
- Rent a single-engine airplane
PURSUE A PILOT CAREER WITH A COMMERCIAL RATING
COMMERCIAL RATING FAQs
Scottsdale Airport (KSDL)
Sawyer Flight Academy
14600 North Airport Drive
Scottsdale, AZ 85260
Sawyer Flight Academy Office Hours
Flight Training Department, Suite 203
+1 480 922 2723